About Jamaica CIRT
About the JaCIRT
The Jamaica Cyber Incident Response Team is a Division under the Ministry of Science, Energy and Technology established to deliver on the mandate outlined in the GOJ's National Cyber Security Strategy of 2015 to address matters regarding cyber threats and appropriate responses thereto. The JaCIRT supports the secure operations of Government of Jamaica (GOJ) Information Technology resources through the coordination of Incident Response for the Ministries, Agencies and Departments (MDAs) of the GOJ, and by providing other services and support to protect their IT assets from cyber attacks as well as mitigation and recovery of incidents at all MDAs.
To secure Jamaicans and Jamaica’s interests in cyberspace by ensuring increased cyber hygiene,
cybersecurity awareness and resilience through the advancement of cyber incident response
mechanisms, the development, promulgation and enforcement of standards, and the capability
based increase in cybersecurity capacity in ways that enhance economic security and improve
our quality of life.
JaCIRT will be the nation’s leader in cyber incident response and management while impacting
improved cyber hygiene, increased cybersecurity engagement and public education regionally,
and the influencing of international standards, conventions and norms. Our efforts stimulate
innovation, foster inclusive cyber security, and improve the quality of life.
JaCIRT's core competencies
- Incident management, response and continuity planning;
- Forensic analysis of digital artifacts and custody of evidence;
- Vulnerability assessments, penetration testing and security audits.
JaCIRT's core values
JaCIRT is an entity with strong values, reflected both in our history and our current
work. JaCIRT leadership and staff will uphold these values to ensure a high performing
environment that is safe and respectful of all.
- Perseverance: We take the long view, planning the future with scientific knowledge and imagination to ensure continued impact and relevance for our stakeholders.
- Integrity: We are ethical, honest, independent, and provide an objective perspective.
- Inclusivity: We work collaboratively to harness the diversity of people and ideas, both inside and outside of JaCIRT, to attain the best solutions to existing and emergent challenges.
- Excellence: We apply rigor and critical thinking to achieve world-class results and continuous improvement in everything we do.
Responding Today, Securing Our Future